Pursuant to County Ordinance #4084, the Purchasing Agent is responsible for the disposal of County surplus property.
Surplus is handled in various ways: Reused within the County, recycled, sold as scrap, sold at auction, sold by advertised bid-style Sale Notice, and (newly introduced) Internet auction.
To view surplus warehouse inventory
You will need to register as an internal user of the Public Surplus system.
It may appear as though you are bidding on an item – Make sure you are viewing only Ventura County items. Items displaying a key symbol are for internal distribution only.
- To request pickup of surplus property from your agency
- Procedure for Requesting a Surplus Pick Up
- IC-1 Form Request for Removal of Personal Property from Master Inventory
- IC-4 Missing Asset Form
- OS-1 Form Request for Property Transfer Request
- To view published Sale Notices
- To view items available to the general public