LATEST NEWS & INFO
- Effective 1 November 2019, we will no longer be enforcing the rule of having to be in a site to use Mobile Payment. Come November, you will be able to same day book an open site before arrival to ensure you have a site when you arrive. We hope this coming change improves access and reduces frustration. This change will still allow you to just pull into an unreserved site and pay.
- The Ventura County Public Works Agency has completed construction of the portion of a new bypass storm drain facility in the Casitas Springs community that required closure of the Ojai Valley Trail. The closed portion of the trail will reopen tomorrow January 17, 2020. Fresno Canyon Diversion Final GS
- County Parks are for the enjoyment of all. With that said, Parks Administration wants to reiterate the long standing rules on third party rentals. Someone who owns an RV is not allowed to reserve a campsite in a county park and then resell the reservation to a third party. They are allowed to rent the RV to someone who has a reservation for a campsite at a County park. Reservations made by one person are not permitted to be transferred to another person. Violations of these rules have heavy consequences.
Certain events held in County parks will require a Use Permit(s) per County of Ventura ordinance. Examples of events that require a Use Permit(s) are large groups or parties that:
- are open to the public, or
- will have vendor booths selling goods or services, or
- will sell beer, wine, or alcohol, or
- will feature amplified sound (DJ or live band), or
- will have a Jolly Jumper, clown, etc., or
- will be filming inside the park (applies to professional filmmakers and student filmmakers).
The number of Use Permits required for one event depends on the type of the event. As an example, a private party of 250 people that will have a live DJ, a Margarita stand that sells drinks by the glass and a Jolly Jumper, would require the following Use Permits:
- An Amplified Sound Permit for the live DJ
- An Alcohol Sales Permit to sell Margaritas
- A Special Use Permit for the Jolly Jumper
- A Alcohol Beverage Control Permit (not issued by the County of Ventura)
For more information about Use Permits or to schedule an event, call the Parks Reservations Line at 805-654-3951 or click on the E-mail Us link below.