LATEST NEWS & INFO
- Ventura County Parks campgrounds have reopened! Online reservations are now available. The possible future closures of our campgrounds will be made with little advance notice. If your reservation is affected, cancellation and refund will be automatic and you will be notified by email.
- Face coverings must be worn when maintaining a physical distance of 6’ from persons who are not members of the same household is not feasible
- Gatherings other than members of single household, group activities, and contact sports are not allowed.
- Foster Park Day Use remains closed all Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Steckel Park Day Use remains closed Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Group picnic areas remain closed.
- Ventura County Parks trails are open.
- Rincon and beach parks – Please help us with theft crackdown – Secure all items and report theft or suspicious activity to Sheriff’s Office (non-emergency 805.654.9511).
If you have concerns, please contact
Ventura County Parks Department
- County Parks are for the enjoyment of all. With that said, Parks Administration wants to reiterate the long standing rules on third party rentals. Someone who owns an RV is not allowed to reserve a campsite in a county park and then resell the reservation to a third party. They are allowed to rent the RV to someone who has a reservation for a campsite at a County park. Reservations made by one person are not permitted to be transferred to another person. Violations of these rules have heavy consequences.
- Beginning on March 1, 2021 the Parks Department’s new Fee Schedule will go into effect. Please click on the link to see what’s changing.
- For general information about Ventura County’s recreation opportunities, check out Ventura County Active Outdoors here.
Certain events held in County parks will require a Use Permit(s) per County of Ventura ordinance. Examples of events that require a Use Permit(s) are large groups or parties that:
- are open to the public, or
- will have vendor booths selling goods or services, or
- will sell beer, wine, or alcohol, or
- will feature amplified sound (DJ or live band), or
- will have a Jolly Jumper, clown, etc., or
- will be filming inside the park (applies to professional filmmakers and student filmmakers).
The number of Use Permits required for one event depends on the type of the event. As an example, a private party of 250 people that will have a live DJ, a Margarita stand that sells drinks by the glass and a Jolly Jumper, would require the following Use Permits:
- An Amplified Sound Permit for the live DJ
- An Alcohol Sales Permit to sell Margaritas
- A Special Use Permit for the Jolly Jumper
- An Alcohol Beverage Control Permit (not issued by the County of Ventura)
For more information about Use Permits or to schedule an event, call the Parks Reservations Line at 805-654-3951 or click on the E-mail Us link below.