LATEST NEWS & INFO
Rincon Parkway Camping Closure
The Rincon Parkway is now open. The Caltrans repaving of Pacific Coast Highway 1 from Emma Wood State Beach to Mussel Shoals will continue on the Northbound lanes.
RV Pumping and Potable Water Services
Approved Vendors for RV Pumping and Potable Water Services are JW Enterprises (800) 350-3331 and Standard Site Rentals (805) 620-7553. Standard Site Rentals offers services to beach parks on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. JW Enterprises offers service to all beach parks on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Sundays are on-call and at the discretion of the vendor to provide service. Only these two providers are authorized to provide service at Ventura County Parks. For all other County Parks, not beach parks, please contact the vendor for on-call services if you are in need of service.
Park Closures due to continuing Winter Storms
The following park remains closed:
- Foster Park Day Use Area
Please check back for additional details on the reopening of these locations.
Parks Reception Hours
Ventura County Parks for camping, day use and community center reservations will receive a live call center technician Monday – Friday from 9:00AM – 4:00PM and on Saturday from 10:00AM – 2:00PM. County Parks will no longer be taking voicemails for camping and day use reservations. If you call outside of these operating hours, you will be asked to call back during regular business hours. To contact County Parks, please call 805.654.3951.
For an in-person appointment for reservations, please email us at County.Parks@Ventura.org
Peak Season at Day Use Parks
Please note for the safety of park users, the Ventura County Parks Department may close down a park due to capacity at anytime. Weekends are a very popular time at County Parks and most weekends during peak season, Foster Park and Steckel Park close to capacity. To ensure that you can park inside the park, please arrive early with your day use fee ready and follow all posted parking signs within the park.
- Rincon and beach parks – Please help us with theft crackdown – Secure all items and report theft or suspicious activity to Sheriff’s Office (non-emergency 805.654.9511).
If you have concerns, please contact
Ventura County Parks Department
- County Parks are for the enjoyment of all. With that said, Parks Administration wants to reiterate the long standing rules on third party rentals. Someone who owns an RV is not allowed to reserve a campsite in a county park and then resell the reservation to a third party. They are allowed to rent the RV to someone who has a reservation for a campsite at a County park. Reservations made by one person are not permitted to be transferred to another person. Violations of these rules have heavy consequences.
- Beginning on March 1, 2023 the Parks Department’s new Fee Schedule will go into effect. Please click on the link to see what’s changing.
- For general information about Ventura County’s recreation opportunities, check out Ventura County Active Outdoors here.
Certain events held in County parks will require a Use Permit(s) per County of Ventura ordinance. Examples of events that require a Use Permit(s) are large groups or parties that:
are open to the public, or
- will have vendor booths selling goods or services, or
- will sell beer, wine, or alcohol, or
- will feature amplified sound (DJ or live band), or
- will have a Jolly Jumper, clown, etc., or
- will be filming inside the park (applies to professional filmmakers and student filmmakers).
The number of Use Permits required for one event depends on the type of the event. As an example, a private party of 250 people that will have a live DJ, a Margarita stand that sells drinks by the glass and a Jolly Jumper, would require the following Use Permits:
- An Amplified Sound Permit for the live DJ
- An Alcohol Sales Permit to sell Margaritas
- A Special Use Permit for the Jolly Jumper
- An Alcohol Beverage Control Permit (not issued by the County of Ventura)
For more information about Use Permits or to schedule an event, call the Parks Reservations Line at 805-654-3951 or click on the E-mail Us link below.