Parks Dept Header

Use Permits

Certain events held in County parks will require a Use Permit(s) per County of Ventura ordinance.  Examples of events that require a Use Permit(s) are:

  • Large groups or parties that:
    are open to the public, or
    will have vendor booths selling goods or services, or
    will sell beer, wine, or alcohol, or
    will feature amplified sound (DJ or live band), or
    will have a Jolly Jumper, clown, etc., or
    will be filming inside the park (applies to professional filmmakers and student filmmakers).

The number of Use Permits required for one event depends on the type of the event.  As an example, a private party of 250 people that will have a live DJ, a Margarita stand that sells drinks by the glass and a Jolly Jumper, would require the following Use Permits:

  • An Amplified Sound Permit for the live DJ
  • An Alcohol Sales Permit to sell Margaritas
  • A Special Use Permit for the Jolly Jumper
  • A Alcohol Beverage Control Permit (not issued by the County of Ventura)

Special Use Permits are issued for events including but not limited to organized sporting events and races, vendor fairs, non-profit events, and more. Please complete and submit the Special Use Permit Application with complete details for consideration of your event.

Commercial Filming Permits are issued for video and still photography for commercial or professional use. Please complete and submit the Commercial Filming Permit Application with complete details for consideration of permit approval.

Applicable fees will be determined based on the information provided in your permit application.

For more information about Use Permits or to schedule an event, call the Parks Reservations Line at 805-654-3951 or click here to E-mail the Parks Department.

Translate Disclaimer

The website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.