News and Information


    • Notice: To provide better service to our customers, we have two restroom renovations going to take place at Oak Regional Park starting 1/7/19 and scheduled to be completed 4/8/19. For project information please contact our office.
    • All reservations for Beach parks booked for after 2 November 2018, will now have the following reservation windows: Faria and Hobson will now be 48 hours to 6 months out and Rincon Parkway will be 48 hours to 3 months out.
    • Board of Supervisors has approved a plan for County Parks to shift from a first-come, first-served policy to a reservations-only policy for its three beach parks (Faria, Hobson and Rincon) beginning November 1, 2018. This decision was driven by multiple factors, primarily customer feedback — that is, the high number of public complaints the Parks Department receives about the existing system.
      The shift to a reservations-based policy for the beach parks will generate the following benefits for patrons, and improvements in Parks staff efficiency:

      • Mobile Payment will still be allowed to be used for open sites (non-reserved) the day of arrival as is currently allowed.
      • Allow for self-booking of reservations via the Parks public website (reservations can still be made by calling the Parks reservation line (805) 654-3951)
      • Length of stay and return polices will remain the same. More data will now be available to staff for better enforcement of the rules and tracking of customer compliance with usage policies.
      • Bookings will open 26 September through the online Reservation site or by calling the Parks reservation line (805) 654-3951. There will be a reservation booking fee of $3 and $10 respectively. You may only book one site per reservation period per park. All Length of stay and return to park polices apply.
    • We have launched a newly updated Public Reservation Site From this site you can book camp sites as before, but there is much more information on the site and there is a new site search function to allow you to find the right site for your camper. We have added the ability to see if a site is available by viewing a calendar or by scrolling over a campground from All Reservable Areas map to show the number of sites available (please note this information changes by the minute and is not a guarantee that there will be a site open).
    • The Parks reservation desk will be moving from the County Government Center Hall of Administration to the County Saticoy Yard effective 15 October 2018. The location of the Yard is 11201-A1 Riverbank Drive, Ventura CA 93004.



Certain events held in County parks will require a Use Permit(s) per County of Ventura ordinance.  Examples of events that require a Use Permit(s) are:

      • Large groups or parties that:
        are open to the public, or
        will have vendor booths selling goods or services, or
        will sell beer, wine, or alcohol, or
        will feature amplified sound (DJ or live band), or
        will have a Jolly Jumper, clown, etc., or
        will be filming inside the park (applies to professional filmmakers and student filmmakers).

The number of Use Permits required for one event depends on the type of the event.  As an example, a private party of 250 people that will have a live DJ, a Margarita stand that sells drinks by the glass and a Jolly Jumper, would require the following Use Permits:

      • An Amplified Sound Permit for the live DJ
      • An Alcohol Sales Permit to sell Margaritas
      • A Special Use Permit for the Jolly Jumper
      • A Alcohol Beverage Control Permit (not issued by the County of Ventura)

For more information about Use Permits or to schedule an event, call the Parks Reservations Line at 805-654-3951 or click on the E-mail Us link below.

Email Us

Related Links

Guide to Parks
Basic Use Permit