All sites are temporarily closed to the public, due to the COVID-19 health emergency.
However, we can still serve you online and by phone.
The Human Services Agency recognizes the courageous service of Ventura County veterans and works hard to help them, their dependents and survivors access benefits from federal, state and local agencies that they have earned. The Veteran Services Office helps these men and women, as well as their families, gain access to financial assistance and medical treatment. Services include assistance with:
- Claims to the VA for service-connected compensation
- Pension for wartime veterans with non-service-connected disabilities
- California Tuition Fee Waiver Program
- Memorial benefits
- VA life insurance
- Medical referrals and information
- Mental Healthcare for Other than Honorable (OTH) Discharged Former Service Members
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Call 805-477-5155 for more information or to schedule an appointment at our main office in Ventura or at one of our other locations.
In addition to our Ventura office, Veteran Services aids veterans and their dependents in the following cities: Camarillo, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Santa Paula, and Oxnard.
Client Satisfaction Survey
To complete our survey online, visit Client Satisfaction Survey.
Your local Vet Center is at:
790 E. Santa Clara Street, Suite 100, Ventura, CA 93001
The Vet Center listed above provides counseling for PTSD, Military Sexual Trauma, TBI, and Bereavement.
Forms & Documents
- Veteran Services Brochure
- Veterans Dependents Tuition Fee Waiver Brochure
- Veterans Dependents Tuition Fee Waiver Application
- College Fee Waiver Information Sheet
- College Fee Waiver Notice
- VSD – 020 Election to Receive CalVet College Fee Waiver Benefits
- VSD – 021 Non-Veteran Signature Certification
- VSD – 022 Non-Filing Letter for Calendar Year 2019
- Services Offered to Survivors of Veterans Brochure
- Veteran Services Field Office Hours
- VA Compensation & Pension Physical Exam
- VA Pension Program – ALERT
- Veteran Gold Card Program
- Cancellation of EVRs
- Sample EVR Cancellation Letter
- Appointment Checklist
- Mental Health Care flyer
- Serving Those Who Served
- New Driver’s License Option for Veterans
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Forms
- Women Veterans’ Inspiring True Stories
- Women Veterans’ Resources (NA CVSO)
- Women Veterans’ Resources (CalVet)
- Military OneSource
- Department of Defense Resources
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families
- Veteran Collaborative of Ventura County