5740 Ralston Street, Suite 304, Ventura
The Human Services Agency recognizes the courageous service of Ventura County veterans and works hard to help them, their dependents and survivors access benefits from federal, state and local agencies that they have earned. The Veteran Services Office helps these men and women, as well as their families, gain access to financial assistance and medical treatment. Services include assistance with:
- Claims to the VA for service-connected compensation
- Pension for wartime veterans with non-service-connected disabilities
- California Tuition Fee Waiver Program
- Memorial benefits
- VA life insurance
- Medical referrals and information
Call (805) 477-5155 for more information or to schedule an appointment at our main office in Ventura or at one of our other locations.
In addition to our Ventura office, Veteran Services provides assistance to veterans and their dependents in the following cities: Camarillo, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Santa Paula, and Oxnard.
Need money for college?
You may qualify for the
California College Fee Waiver Program.
Click here to listen to radio spot.
Client Satisfaction Survey
To complete our survey online,
visit Client Satisfaction Survey.
Your local Vet Center is at:
790 E. Santa Clara Street, Suite 100
Ventura, CA 93001
The Vet Center listed above provides counseling for PTSD, Military Sexual Trauma, TBI, and Bereavement.
For military personnel, veterans,
and their families in crisis call:
1 (800) 273-8255 (then press 1)
Mental Healthcare for Other than Honorable (OTH) Discharged Former Service Members
Veterans Health Administration (VHA) medical centers now offer Mental Emergency Stabilization Care for up to 90 days, including inpatient, outpatient, or residential healthcare to former service members who walk in at a VHA medical facility. Urgent care services are provided at VA emergency department, Veterans Center, and through the Veterans Crisis Line. To find a VA Health Administration Medical Center click here.
The Ventura County Veteran Service Office will work with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) to determine if a mental health condition is due to a service-related injury to provide coverage for that condition and can also make referrals to other state and federal benefits and programs throughout Ventura County. Call (805) 477-5155 to schedule your appointment.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program is designed to aid veterans and their families who are facing homelessness or are at imminent risk of becoming homeless. The Ventura County Veterans team, Homeless Services team, and other stakeholders are working to end homelessness for veterans.
Learn more about the SSFV program.
Forms & Documents
- Veteran Services Brochure
- Veterans Dependents Tuition Fee Waiver Brochure
- Veterans Dependents Tuition Fee Waiver Application
- Services Offered to Survivors of Veterans Brochure
- Veteran Services Field Office Hours
- VA Compensation & Pension Physical Exam
- VA Pension Program – ALERT
- Veteran Gold Card Program
- Cancellation of EVRs
- Sample EVR Cancellation Letter
- Appointment Checklist
- Mental Health Care flyer
- Serving Those Who Served
- New Driver’s License Option for Veterans
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Forms
- Women Veterans’ Inspiring True Stories
- Military OneSource
- Department of Defense Resources
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families