GSA Procurement fulfills the promise of our mission while holding ourselves accountable to the highest ethical and professional standards. We subscribe to the values and guiding principles established by NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement, the authoritative national organization of public procurement:
We contribute to the quality of life in Ventura County by partnering with our customers to provide expertise and cost-effective service delivery and foster the preservation of natural resources.
To be valued as a reliable strategic and innovative partner, trusted advisor, and public steward.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Taking ownership and being responsible to all stakeholders for our actions. This value is essential to preserve the public trust and protect the public interest.
- ETHICS – Doing the right thing. Avoiding conflict of interests. Act ethically and responsibly to preserve the public trust and protect the public interest.
- IMPARTIALITY – Unbiased decision-making and actions. This value is essential to ensure fairness for the public good.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Upholding high standards of job performance and ethical behavior. This value is essential to balance diverse public interests.
- SERVICE – Obligation to assist stakeholders. This value is essential to support the public good.
- TRANSPARENCY – Easily accessible and understandable policies and processes. This value is essential to demonstrate responsible use of public funds.
+ The Vendor Information Portal (VIP) application allows the public to review opportunities with the County and registered vendors to respond to solicitations:
- Review competitive solicitations.
- Register to receive notices of upcoming events.
- Respond and present offers.
+ The Vendor Self Service (VSS) application allows vendors currently doing business with the county to:
- Register and maintain vendor account information.
- Submit online invoices.
- View financial transactions (Orders, Scheduled Payments, and Disbursements) and history.
800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA 93009
Information: (805) 654-3750
Brown Mail Number: L#1080
Subscribe to the GSA’s Virtual Roundtable email distribution in order to stay up to date regarding any information from the team.
Procurement Forms & Policies
Rapid Acquisition Program (RAP) Procedures:
To improve operational efficiency, GSA Procurement Services initiated the Rapid Acquisition Program (RAP). RAP will enable County Agencies/Departments to more quickly process small purchases up to $10,000 by eliminating processing delays caused by redundant data entry. Participating Agency/Department users will receive Ventura County Financial Management System (VCFMS) authorization to create purchase order (PC) documents for small purchases.
Request to Waive Bidding Requirements:
Only for use when a product can “only” be purchased from one supplier, e.g., license, patent or copyright agreement.
- Submit Request to Waive Bidding Requirements with requisition.
NOT to be used if the following criteria applies:
- Personal preference for product or vendor;
- Cost, vendor performance, and local service (this may be considered an award factor in competitive bidding).
- Features which exceed the minimum department requirements.
- Explanation for the actual need and basic use for the equipment, unless the information relates to a request for Unique factors (refer to questions 2 and 3 from the Criteria for Request to Waive Bidding Requirements/Sole Brand form).
- A request for No substitution submitted without justification. This is a sole source/sole brand request requiring detailed justification including established Request to Waive Bidding Requirements/sole brand criteria.
- Ventura County’s Green Purchasing Program
- Eat Sustainably/Gardening
- IPM (Integrated Pest Management)
- Less Toxic Cleaning Products in the Home and Garden
- National Association of Counties (NACO), Green Purchasing