Ventura County Government Center
Hall of Administration Building, Fourth Floor
800 S. Victoria Ave.
Ventura, CA 93009-1940


Withdrawal / Cancellation of an Assessment Appeal

Withdrawal of an appeal is submitted when the Applicant/Taxpayer no longer wishes to pursue a change in the appealed assessment. Upon submission of a withdrawal, all rights to challenge the appealed assessment are waived and there will be no further review of the pending appeal. Additionally, any pending Assessment Appeal Hearing would be canceled. However, if the Assessor has informed the Assessment Appeals Board of an intent to raise an Assessment, the withdrawal request may not be accepted. Withdrawals that are conditional on the Assessor taking a particular action will not be accepted.

A withdrawal may be submitted through our online portal, or manually by completing a withdrawal form. Below are instructions for each submission method.

Persons who do not intend to pursue their appeal are encouraged to submit a withdrawal as soon as possible to allow staff to direct their attention to appeals pending for other Taxpayers. Persons who file an Assessment Appeal Application but do not pursue it and do not voluntarily withdrawal will be scheduled for a Public Assessment Appeals Board hearing, where the pending Assessment Appeal Application will be Denied for Failure of the Applicant to make a personal appearance at the scheduled hearing.

Instructions (Click to Expand)
Paperless Online Withdrawal Instructions

An Assessment Appeal Application may now be withdrawn (canceled) online, without the need to print, sign, and scan a withdrawal form. The process takes less than 5 minutes, and the appeal must be associated with your Email address. The following will guide you through the paperless withdrawal process.

Click Here for Instructional Video, or see below for written step-by-step instructions.
Step-by-Step Instructions:
  1. Navigate your web browser to
  2. Log in with your existing account or register for an account if you have not used the system previously.
  3. Once Logged in, Scroll down to the section “Submitted Applications”.
  4. By default, your results are filtered to show only currently open applications. You may filter the results if you have a large list of applications.
    • If you do not see the applicable application listed, please contact the Clerk of the Board to have it added to your account. You may Email the Clerk at or call the Clerk at (805) 654-2251.
  5. You will need to add the applications you wish to withdrawal to your “Action List”. Add items to your action list by selecting the green “Add” button on the far right of each application listed. You may add one or multiple applications. If multiple applications are added to your “Action List”, it will allow you to withdrawal/close them all simultaneously.
  6. Your “Action List” will show the applications you selected, and you can add or remove items from the action list if necessary.
  7. Select the action you would like to take. To Withdrawal, push the “Withdrawal/Cancel” button. This will take you to the next screen where you will confirm and submit.
  8. Select “Confirm Withdrawal” next to each application you wish to withdrawal. If you accidentally added an item to your action list, you may remove it here by selecting the Trashcan Icon.
  9. Next, Fill in your name and E-sign the Certification.
  10. Lastly, select the “Submit Withdrawal Request” button, after carefully reading the statement. This will close your appeal and submit your Withdrawal to the Clerk of the Assessment Appeals Board.
  11. The Clerk of the Board will process your Withdrawal, usually by the next business day. Once the Clerk of the Board has processed your request, you will be emailed a Withdrawal Receipt.
PDF and Paper Withdrawal Form

The Online withdrawal has significantly less steps and is the recommended option. If unable to submit online, we offer a PDF withdrawal form that may be completed manually.

Withdrawal submission must include:

    • Appeal Application Number
    • Assessor Parcel Number (APN) or Property Number
    • Applicant Name
    • Signature of the Applicant or Authorized Representative

PDF Withdrawals may be submitted on the Assessment Appeals Board’s Withdrawal form, found by clicking here, or by selecting box #3 on the Hearing Date Confirmation Notice which was mailed to the Applicant and attached to the original Notice of Hearing. Withdrawals may also be submitted on your own letterhead, so long as it includes all of the above required information.

Submission by any one of the following methods are acceptable:


    • E-Mail to
    • Fax to (805) 677-8711,
    • US Mail to Clerk of the Board, 800 S. Victoria Av., #1920, Ventura, CA 93009-1920

Possible Reasons to Withdrawal:

  • You do not believe you will be able to show that the Assessor’s Original Assessment was incorrect.
  • You have received an Official Letter from the Assessor indicating a change in value that you are satisfied with. Such Letters from the Assessor may be entitled; “Notice of Assessment Roll Correction” or “Notice of Enrollment of Escape Assessment”. If your letter is entitled “Stipulation” do not withdrawal.
  • The Assessor has issued you an official letter to indicate your Appealed Assessment has been canceled.

Do Not Withdrawal if you:

  • Have signed a Stipulation Agreement with the Assessor agreeing to a new reduced Assessment.  Once the stipulation document is approved by the Board, your appeal will be closed.
  • Are unable to attend the hearing as scheduled due to a scheduling conflict. In this situation you should request a Postponement or Continuance from the Clerk of the Board. A withdrawal  closes the appeal completely, in addition to canceling the hearing.
  • Have been informally told you will receive a reduced Assessment, but have not received an official letter informing you of the reduction. As withdrawals are not conditional, if the desired reduction does not manifest but an appeal is withdrawn, there is no recourse to obtain that reduction.
  • Have already presented a case to the Assessment Appeals Board. The Assessment Appeals Board will render a decision that resolves your pending appeal.

Contact the Clerk of the Board: by E-Mail at or call (805) 654-2251

Online Paperless Withdrawal

PDF Withdrawal Form

Return to the Assessment Appeals Home Page

Translate Disclaimer

The website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.