Ventura County Government Center
Hall of Administration Building, Fourth Floor
800 S. Victoria Ave.
Ventura, CA 93009-1940
Form 700 Filings
Form 700 – Statement of Economic Interests
The Clerk of the Board is the Filing Officer for certain positions designated by an entity’s Conflict of Interest Code for which the Board of Supervisors is the Code Reviewing Body.
Filing Officer duties include:
- Retain original Form 700 statements for 7 years
- Notify filers when they need to file
- Notify filers when they have failed to file by the deadline
- Assess fines of $10.00 per day up to $100.00 for late filings
- Perform a facial review of all forms to ensure compliance with FPPC Regulation 18115
- Perform a full review of 20% of on time filings and 100% of late filings
- Notify filers when amendments are required based on the review process
- Annual Statements are due no later than April 1 each year, or the following Monday if it falls on the weekend.
- Important Note: The 2017 Annual Statement is due Monday, April 2, 2018.
- Assuming/Leaving Office Statements are due within 30 days of the event.
- Letter from County Counsel, dated February 3, 2014