Ventura County Government Center
Hall of Administration Building, Fourth Floor
800 S. Victoria Ave.
Ventura, CA 93009-1940
HUD Plans & Reports
The following planning and reporting documents provide programmatic information about federally funded grant programs and their objectives; the programs and activities to meet the needs of the Entitlement Area; and recent goals and accomplishments of these programs. While the focus of these reports is the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs, efforts by other sources to meet the needs of the community are also included in the documents. Links to these documents are provided at the bottom of this page.
Five Year Community Planning & Development Consolidated Plan
The Consolidated Plan is designed to be a collaborative process whereby a community establishes a unified vision for community development actions. It offers local jurisdictions the opportunity to shape the various housing and community development programs into effective, coordinated neighborhood and community development strategies. It also creates the opportunity for strategic planning and citizen participation to take place in a comprehensive context, and to reduce duplication of effort at the local level.
Annual Action Plan
This document provides an explanation of the County’s planned uses of funds for the period of July 1 through June 30, and serves as the County’s annual funding application to HUD. The Plans address efforts to overcome obstacles to meeting the needs of the underserved populations. Plan development includes public hearings to announce the Request For Proposal of activities to be funded which provide maximum benefit to low-moderate income persons, and subsequent review of the analyses and funding recommendations. Each Annual Action Plan is adopted by the Board of Supervisors after the final public hearing, usually in May.
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The CAPER evaluates accomplishments of activities funded through the CDBG, HOME, and ESG programs and the collaboration with other sources during the period of July 1 through June 30. HUD uses this report to assess results of the implementation of the Consolidated Plan goals and the Annual Action Plan activities.
LINKS TO THE PLANNING AND REPORTING DOCUMENTS
- 2015-19 Regional Consolidated Plan (July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2020), amended
- 2010-14 Consolidated Plan (July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2015)
- Annual Action Plan (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019)
- Letter to the Board of Supervisors, May 15. 2018
- Annual Action Plan (July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017)
- Letter to the Board of Supervisors, May 3, 2016
- 2015-19 Regional Consolidated Plan and 2015-16 Annual Action Plan (July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016)
- Letter to the Board of Supervisors, May 5, 2015
·Appendix 2 – ESG eCart
- Annual Action Plan (July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015)
- Letter to the Board of Supervisors, May 6, 2014
- Annual Action Plan (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014)
- Letter to the Board of Supervisors, May 7, 2013
Adopted Citizen Participation Plan
Click on the link above to view the adopted update to the Citizen Participation Plan.