Pest Control Business Registrations

Individuals and businesses who want to provide pest control services for hire to the farmers and ranchers in the county must be licensed by the California Department of Pesticide Regulation before they can legally charge for their services. Companies who apply pesticides for hire are licensed as pest control businesses and the person who is in charge of the operations is licensed as a qualified applicator. Individuals who provide advice for farmers on what they should use to control a particular pest are licensed as pest control advisors and aircraft pilots who apply pesticides by air are licensed as pest control pilots. When these individuals decide to do business in a particular county they are required to register with the County Agricultural Commissioner and provide proof that they are licensed each year before they do any work in the county. The County Agricultural Commissioner charges a fee for registration.

Individuals who wish to provide agricultural labor for hire must be licensed by the Department of Industrial Regulations, Labor Standards Division as Farm Labor Contractors. They are also required to register annually with each Agricultural Commissioner before they conduct business in any county. Labor Contractors also pay a fee for registration.

Translate Disclaimer

The website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.