BUSINESS LICENSE - RENEWAL
RENEWALS ARE DUE ANNUALLY BY JULY 31st.
How to Pay:
- Available starting June 29th.
- Credit card payments with no convenience fees.
- Paper forms are not necessary and electronic signature is supported.
- Receive an electronic copy of your license which is available to print or save on the webpage. Your license will be mailed within 5 business days.
- Need your security code? Please contact our office at (805) 654-3744 or email us at Tax.Collector@ventura.org.
In Person – 800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA 93009 | Government Center | Hall of Administration
- Call office for current business hours – limited hours due to COVID-19.
- Cash and check accepted along with the completed paper form. A temporary copy of your license will be issued immediately. You should receive your license in the mail within 5 days.
By Mail – 800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA 93009-1290
- Available starting July 1st.
- Check accepted along with the completed paper form. You will receive your license in the mail 5 days after payment is processed.
SIC Codes and Industrial General Permit Requirements
On October 2, 2019, the State of California passed Senate Bill 205, effective January 1, 2020, requiring certain regulated businesses to demonstrate enrollment with Stormwater Industrial General Permits (IGP) BEFORE cities may issue, or renew, a local business license.
What should a business do to comply with these requirements?
- Determine the primary Standard Industry Classification (SIC) Code(s) for your business using SIC Search or NAICS/SIC crosswalk if you know your NAICS. If you have questions or need assistance, email Tax.Collector@ventura.org and we can assist you with finding the best fit.
- Determine whether the SIC code is one required to enroll in the State IGP program at IGP-regulated codes.
- If the SIC code is a regulated code, enroll the business under the State’s IGP SMART tracking system and then continue to #5.
- If the SIC code for your business IS NOT a regulated code, continue with your renewal form and skip #5.
- Provide one of the following to the County of Ventura with your business license renewal: WDID application # and WDID, or NONA, or NEC.
What if I have more questions about the State Stormwater Program?
Stormwater Hotline: (805) 650-4064 or (805) 645-1382.
Review the State’s Frequently Asked Questions.
Note: The County of Ventura does not administer or enforce the IGP.