HSA Logo Header

Child/Adult Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 805-654-3200


The CalFresh program helps families and people who have little or no income buy groceries. CalFresh benefits are not cash. CalFresh benefits come loaded on an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card that can be used like a bank debit card to buy food at most grocery stores, farmers markets and other places that sell food.

Our staff is available to serve you online, by phone, email, fax, drop-off/mail-in services, and in person. To schedule an appointment to meet with a worker, please call 888-472-4463. Check out the following links for how to:

News for Students & Families

Summer Meal Program for Kids
When school lets out, many low-income children lose access to the school breakfasts, lunches, and snacks they receive during the regular school year. The Summer Nutrition Programs help fill this gap by providing free meals and snacks to children who might otherwise go hungry. View the California Department of Education’s Summer Meal Site list showing where Ventura County children can find meals and snacks this summer and what is required to participate at each site.

COVID-19 Exemptions Ended
The COVID-19 student eligibility exemptions are coming to an end. Beginning June 10, 2023, college students newly applying for CalFresh will have to meet one of the permanent student exemptions to be eligible for CalFresh. Learn more by checking out these End of CalFresh Student Exemptions Frequently Asked Questions: (English) (español)

What is CalFresh?

en español

en mixteco

en zapoteco

en purepecha

 CalFresh Emergency Allotments Have Ended 

Learn more about the end of CalFresh COVID-19 flexibilities here.

If you need extra help, free food is available through Food Share’s weekly pick-up locations and through countywide food pantries:
Find Free Food NOW!
Additionally, older adults ages 60 years+ can join friends for a hot meal at any of the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging senior center lunch sites, or homebound seniors can apply to receive home-delivered meals at no cost.

You can use your EBT card to buy groceries online at participating grocery retailers to make shopping easier during these uncertain times. Visit cdss.ca.gov/ebt-online for more details.

To complete your application and for quality control purposes, you may be called by the County of Ventura. Please make sure to update any phone number changes, and please make sure that unknown callers are not blocked so we can reach you.

All Supplemental Nutrition Benefit (SNB) & Transitional Nutrition Benefit (TNB) Recipients: The SNB and TNB benefit amounts increased October 1, 2021. See the Allotment Increase Table for more details. (en español)


Resources to Help with Interpretation of Public Charge Rule

Recursos para Ayudar con la Interpretación de la Regla de Carga Pública

CalFresh en el Mercado de Agricultores: Video en español

If you are enrolled in CalFresh, you can double your CalFresh dollars at a certified farmers market through the Market Match Program. To find local farmers market participating in Market Match, go to FMFinder.org. Learn more about Ventura County farmers markets at www.vccfm.org.

The Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) allows CalFresh clients who are 60 years or older, people with disabilities, and individuals who are homeless to use their EBT cards to purchase meals from participating restaurants. Ventura County is now recruiting local restaurants for the  RMP. Learn more at vchsa.org/rmp.

Important Update: Ventura County has moved from MyBenefitsCalwin to a new system called BenefitsCal.com. Customers no longer have access to MyBenefitsCalwin or its mobile app.

ALL Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWORKs and General Relief clients who wish to maintain access to check status or renew their benefits online, report changes, and upload documents:

  1. Go to BenefitsCal.com and select “log In.”
  2. Create a new account: You’ll need an email address.
  3. Link your account to your case.


Need help linking your account to your case? Check out this video: BenefitsCal: How to link a case


Protect your EBT benefits by changing your PIN the night before your benefits are due to be deposited.
Proteja sus beneficios de EBT cambiando su PIN la noche anterior a la fecha de depósito de sus beneficios.

If you think your benefits may have been stolen, you should immediately call the customer service telephone number on the back of your EBT card, 877-328-9677, contact your eligibility worker directly, or call 888-472-4463. Learn more at vchsa.org/scam-alert.

Si cree que sus beneficios pueden haber sido robados, debe llamar de inmediato al número de teléfono de servicio al cliente en el reverso de su tarjeta EBT, 877-328-9677, comuníquese directamente con su trabajador de elegibilidad o llame al 888-472-4463. Obtenga más información en vchsa.org/scam-alert.

¡Tenga Cuidado con las Estafas de las Tarjetas EBT!:  
Video en español

How to Apply

How to apply today for CalWORKs benefits

Benefits Status

Check the status of your benefits

Report Changes

How to report income or other changes

Check Balance

How to check balance or replace EBT card

Questions & Useful Links

Get answers and find more information

Translate Disclaimer

The Ventura.org website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the Ventura.org website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.