Health - Independent Living Program (ILP) for Youth
Emancipation Health Consultation
Approximately six months prior to emancipation, social workers will schedule an Emancipation Health Consultation between the foster youth and a Public Health Nurse. All foster youth who will be emancipating from foster care (in or out-of-county, including out-of-state) are eligible to receive this service. Consultations will be held by phone and mail for out-of-area youth.
Youth will receive:
- An individualized health consultation focusing on specific health needs
- General health education including a list of area medical resources
- Information on extended Medi-Cal benefits
- A zip binder with an up-to-date Health & Education Passport (HEP)
- A written consultation summary
Free Health Coverage for Former Foster Youth
If you were in foster care on your 18th birthday, you are eligible for free Medi-Cal benefits until your 26th birthday (regardless of your income). Attached is a quick guide and one page form you can use to sign up and take to any Human Services Agency Community Services Center. You are encouraged to call Nicole Martinez (805) 582-9615 for assistance.
Mental Health Services
- TAY Tunnel (805) 240-2538
Exploitation & Human Trafficking
- Forever Found Reach Program (805) 261-1212
- Fillmore Behavioral Health Youth Program – (805) 524-8660
- Oxnard Behavioral Health Youth Program – (805) 981-8460
- Santa Paula Behavioral Health Youth Program – (805) 525-1618
- Simi Valley Behavioral Health Youth Program – (805) 582-4080
- Thousand Oaks Behavioral Health Youth Program – (805) 777-3505
- Ventura Behavioral Health Youth Program – (805) 289-3100
Pregnancy & Reproductive Care
- Planned Parenthood (805) 658-3232
- Ventura County Crisis Pregnancy Center (805) 648-3301
- Tender Life Maternity Home (805) 653-7474
TeensHealth.com is a safe, private place for teens who need honest, accurate information and advice about health and life.
- California Suicide and Crisis Hotline
- Alcoholics Anonymous Ventura County
- Narcotics Anonymous Central California Region
- Al-Anon Ventura County
- Healthy Eating & Active Living
NOTE: As a convenience to our visitors, this page may contain links to external websites that are not managed or controlled by the County of Ventura.