HSA Logo Header

Child/Adult Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 805-654-3200

Housing - ILP

Transitional Housing

Transitional Housing Program Application

Housing Resources

The following resources are available to any county resident and may also be accessed by emancipated and foster youth. 

Section 8, Affordable Housing & Development Office
11122 Snapdragon St, Ste. 100,
Ventura, CA 93004
Fax 805-647-4691
See a map

Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura
1400 W. Hillcrest Dr.,
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Fax 805-480-1021
See a map

Coalition for Family Harmony
24-Hour Hotline: 1-800-300-2181

Community Action of Ventura County

Homeless Prevention Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP)
Through the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009, the Ventura County Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) is making funds available to local residents who would be homeless but for this assistance. The intent is to help with housing stability.
English 805-385-8585
Spanish 805-385-1800.

Ojai Community Assistance Program

Oxnard Housing Authority

Port Hueneme Housing Authority
250 N. Ventura Rd.,
Port Hueneme, CA

Samaritan Center – Simi Valley

Santa Paula Housing Authority
15500 West Telegraph Road B-11
Santa Paula, CA 93060

Ventura County Homeless Information and Referral

Housing Contact Information
Area Housing Authority (section 8) 805-480-9991 ext 235  info@ahacv.org
Many Mansions 805-497-0344
Lutheran Social Services 805-497-6107
Homeless Prevention Rapid Re-Housing 805-385-8585 
Homeless Services Program 805-385-1800
The Kingdom Center VTA 805-643-7675, OX 805-487-3445
Project Understanding 805-652-1326
RAIN 805-389-3308
Salvation Army 805-648-4977

Extended Foster Care Placement Options: Start Planning Now…

Emerging adults can transition into one of two placement arrangements depending on the level of independent living skills demonstrated. They can also opt out completely. 

  1. Foster Family – ExtendedFoster Care – appropriate for emerging adults who need more time to develop their independent living skills.
    Emerging adults who reach agreements with their current foster families to continue living with them, but who need more time to develop their independent living skills, will enter into a Foster Family – Extended Foster Care placement arrangement. Under this arrangement, the foster parents will continue to receive the approved basic rate (plus any other allowable special reimbursements).
  2. Supervised Independent Living – Extended Foster Care – reserved for emerging adults with adequate independent living skills.
    Emerging adults who reach agreements with their current foster families to continue living with them, and who have adequate independent living skills, will enter into a “supervised independent living – extended foster care” arrangement. Under this arrangement, 

The emerging adult can receive the approved basic rate (plus any other allowable special reimbursements).

When considering the placement options above, the emerging adult will complete a Supervised Independent Living Program Readiness Assessment jointly with their social worker.

Financial arrangements for both types of placements as well as agreements for curfew times, chores, and other such household “rules” will vary according to the decisions reached by each household. Children & Family Services social workers will be available to help facilitate conversations, as needed, and agreements will be documented in the Mutual Agreement for Extended Foster Care.

Click here to view housing options.

Translate Disclaimer

The Ventura.org website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the Ventura.org website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.