IHSS Public Authority - Providers
Who We Are
In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) consumers need quality care so that they can remain safe and comfortable in their homes. Some IHSS consumers choose a relative or friend to care for them whom we call Non-Registry Providers. When others need help finding a quality care provider, we connect them with a Registry Provider. IHSS Public Authority provides registration and training services to all IHSS Providers whether they are non-relatives, relatives, friends, or matched with an IHSS consumer.
IHSS Public Authority also provides recruitment, screening, and referral services to IHSS Providers who want to be matched with an IHSS consumer. All services are provided at no cost to the IHSS consumer.
Becoming an IHSS Non-Registry Provider for a Relative, Friend, Neighbor or Acquaintance – See Application Process – What to Expect – Proceso de Solicitud del Proveedor de IHSS – Qué esperar
IHSS Providers are caring individuals who want to help IHSS consumers live high-quality lives in their own homes. IHSS Providers provide services such as the following:
- Meal Preparation and Cleanup
- Bowel and Bladder Care
- Oral Hygiene
- Laundry/Domestic Chores
- Shopping for Food
To become an IHSS Public Authority Registry Provider and be referred to clients, complete the following steps:
- Attend a 4-hour IHSS Provider Orientation session given by Ventura County Public Authority. Click on the link for orientation dates and times.
- Complete, sign, and return the IHSS Public Authority Registry Application (en Español) at the orientation.
- Complete a hiring interview. You will be scheduled for this one you complete the orientation
- Be fingerprinted and go through a criminal background check by the California Department of Justice. Paperwork required for fingerprinting and locations where it can be completed are provided at the orientation.
- Register for an on-line Registration Enrollment Video Appointment (REVA) and watch the videos; a link to the website will be provided in the provider packet at orientation.
Once all steps and have been completed, your name will be placed on a Registry that will be used to refer IHSS Providers to IHSS consumers who want to hire a home care provider.
Call the phone number above for further information.
IHSS Providers’ Pay & Benefits
The IHSS Public Authority administers a contract with the Service Employees International Union Local 2015 (SEIU-2015) regarding hourly wages, increases, and benefits for providers. Effective June 1, 2019, all care providers are paid $12.96 per hour and may be eligible to claim travel time, overtime, and penalties. For more information view the IHSS Recipient/Consumer Education videos. IHSS Public Authority providers needing more information may call (805) 654-3416.
Sick Time Pay
IHSS Providers may qualify to take sick time or claim to pay for the sick time after working 200 hours starting July 1, 2018. For the latest information on claiming sick leave see Provider Paid Sick Leave Request.
Online Electronic Time Sheet Service (ETS)
Active IHSS clients and providers have the option to enroll in the Electronic Timesheet Service (ETS). This option allows a provider to submit their In-Home Support Services (IHSS)/Waiver Personal Care Services (WPCS) timesheet online using a tablet, smartphone, or computer instead of receiving and submitting paper time sheets. This service also allows a provider’s time sheet to be reviewed and approved by their IHSS client using a tablet, smartphone, or computer.
Benefits of completing and submitting timesheet online:
- No longer required to mail paper time sheets
- Check time sheet and payment status online
- Check timesheet history (last three months) online
- Request supplemental timesheets online
- Bonus – ETS validates time sheets before submission to avoid errors and potential violations.
To enroll and submit time sheets electronically, both the active IHSS/WPCS provider and the recipient must have the following:
- Provider Number
- A valid email address
- Internet access
- Access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer
To sign-up for ETS visit https://www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov
For more information:
- Contact the IHSS Service Desk at (866) 376-7066 (option 4) from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday (except major holidays)
- About ETS, visit http://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/IHSS-Providers/Resources/Timesheet-Information.
IHSS Timesheet Tools
Become familiar with completing the new timesheet by taking a moment to view the following:
IHSS Providers who choose to use paper instead of online timesheets must submit their time sheets by mail using the envelope provided. It is very important to read and follow instructions so that you receive your payment on time for the hours of IHSS service worked.
To help IHSS Providers complete their IHSS time sheets correctly, the SEIU 2015 union has developed the following animated online video. The video provides step-by-step directions for filling out time sheets to help you avoid errors and paycheck delays.
Video: Properly Completing a Time Sheet for Processing in CMIPS II:
You can have your provider paycheck deposited into a checking or savings account using direct deposit. You can apply for direct deposit by mail using the SOC 829 form, or apply online if you are registered on the IHSS website. For direct deposit information see Direct Deposit flyer, English and Spanish.
Providers and Recipients may call IHSS Service Desk at (866) 376-7066 for the following:
Calls about timesheets and travel claim form status, sick leave claim forms or rules about sick leave, Direct Deposit enrollment or general information about it, Electronic Timesheet general information, Provider Live-In Certification, and Electronic Services Portal general information and assistance.
To further improve and strengthen its program, the IHSS Public Authority meets regularly with the IHSS Advisory Committee. As a committee member you will collaborate with the County of Ventura Human Services Agency (HSA) regarding administration of the IHSS Program and provide first-hand experience and expertise in helping to reinforce the effectiveness of the IHSS Program and the Public Authority. If you are interested in learning more about the IHSS Advisory Committee please contact Wanda Albarran (805) 654-5587 for English and Ramon Ortiz (805) 444-7353 for Spanish at the IHSS Public Authority .
Forms & Documents
- Designation of Provider SOC426A – English
- Designation of Provider SOC426A – Spanish
- Provider Change of Address SOC840 – English
- Provider Change of Address SOC840 – Spanish
- Brochure – Public Authority
- Foletto – Autoridad Pública
- Provider Paid Sick Leave Request SOC 2302 – English
- Provider Paid Sick Leave Request SOC 2302 – Spanish
- Provider Direct Deposit Enrollment/Change/Cancellation SOC 829-English
- Provider Direct Deposit Enrollment/Change/Cancellation SOC 829-Spanish
- Electronic Timesheet Overview for Providers
- Electronic Timesheet Frequently Asked Questions
- Online eTimesheet Service – En Español
- Lesson 3 – Time Entry for Providers
- Lesson 7 – Requesting Supplemental Timesheets for Providers
- Viewing Payment History for Providers
- Lesson 9 – Stopping Electronic Timesheets for Providers