All sites are temporarily closed to the public, due to the COVID-19 health emergency.
However, we’re still available to meet your essential service needs online and by phone.
Masks and gloves are available (while supplies last) for both IHSS recipients and PA providers.
Call 805-654-3416 to request supplies.
IHSS Public Authority – Providers
Who We Are
In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) recipients need quality care so that they can remain safe and comfortable in their homes. Some IHSS recipients choose a relative or friend to care for them: These care providers are called Non-Registry Providers. When others need help finding a quality care provider, we connect them with a Registry Provider. IHSS Public Authority provides registration and training services to all IHSS Providers, whether they are non-relatives, relatives, friends, or matched with an IHSS recipient.
IHSS Public Authority also provides recruitment, screening, and referral services to IHSS Providers who want to be matched with an IHSS recipient. All services are provided at no cost to the IHSS recipient.
IHSS Providers are caring individuals who want to help IHSS recipients live high-quality lives in their own homes. IHSS Providers provide services such as the following:
- Meal Preparation & Cleanup
- Bowel and Bladder Care
- Oral Hygiene
- Laundry/Domestic Chores
- Shopping for Food
To become an IHSS Public Authority Registry Provider and be referred to IHSS recipients, complete the following steps:
- Call 805-654-3416 and request a Registry application packet to be mailed to you. Review, complete, sign, and return all the documents in the packet including the IHSS Public Authority Registry Application (en Español) and submit to one of our offices in Ventura or Simi. Completed Registry application packets can be mailed in, dropped off at the office and placed in the drop box outside our offices or emailed to HSA-PublicAuthority@ventura.org.
- Participate in a hiring interview. You will be scheduled for this phone interview once you submit a complete registry application packet.
- Watch all the IHSS Provider Orientation videos that are available online at REVA (Registration Enrollment Video Appointment). You will need to create an account in REVA to watch the required videos. Instructions will be provided upon return of a completed Registry application packet.
- Be fingerprinted and go through a criminal background check by the California Department of Justice. Paperwork required for fingerprinting and locations where it can be completed are provided once Step 3 is completed.
Once all steps and have been completed, your name will be placed on a Registry that will be used to refer IHSS Providers to IHSS recipients who want to hire a home care provider.
IHSS Providers’ Pay & Benefits
The IHSS Public Authority administers a contract with the Service Employees International Union Local 2015 (SEIU-2015) regarding hourly wages, increases, and benefits for providers. All care providers are paid $14.64 per hour and may be eligible to claim travel time, overtime, sick time, and penalties. For more information view the IHSS Recipient/Consumer Education videos. IHSS Public Authority providers needing more information may call 805-654-3416.
Sick Time Pay
IHSS Providers may qualify to take sick time or claim sick time after working 200 hours. For the latest information on claiming sick leave see Provider Paid Sick Leave Request.
Online Electronic Time Sheet Service (ETS)
Active IHSS recipients and providers have the option to enroll in the Electronic Timesheet Service (ETS). This option allows a provider to submit their In-Home Support Services (IHSS)/Waiver Personal Care Services (WPCS) timesheet online using a tablet, smartphone, or computer instead of receiving and submitting paper time sheets. This service also allows a provider’s time sheet to be reviewed and approved by their IHSS recipient using a tablet, smartphone, or computer.
Benefits of completing and submitting timesheet online:
- No longer required to mail paper time sheets
- Check time sheet and payment status online
- Check timesheet history (last three months) online
- Request supplemental timesheets online
- Bonus – ETS validates time sheets before submission to avoid errors and potential violations.
To enroll and submit time sheets electronically, both the active IHSS/WPCS provider and the recipient must have the following:
- Provider Number
- A valid email address
- Internet access
- Access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer
To sign-up for ETS visit www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov
For more information:
Contact the IHSS Service Desk at 866-376-7066 (option 4) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (except major holidays)
Telephonic Timesheets (TTS) for IHSS Providers and Recipients
Active IHSS providers and recipients who do not have access to internet service, a computer or smartphone can submit and approve timesheets using a landline or cell phone.
To enroll and submit time sheets telephonically:
- Contact (833) DIAL EVV or 833-342-5388 to register and press 3 for registration. You will need your 6-digit registration code, your 9-digit provider number and your date of birth or
- Call 805-654-3416 for assistance or questions on TTS
- Further information and recorded webcasts on TTS is also available www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/esphelp
Entering your time on TTS can take more time than using the online portal. It is suggested that providers enter time every day instead of waiting until the end of the pay period.
You can have your provider paycheck deposited into a checking or savings account using direct deposit. You can apply for direct deposit by mail using the SOC 829 form, or apply online if you are registered on the Electronic Services Portal IHSS website. For direct deposit information see Direct Deposit flyer, English and Spanish.
IHSS Service Desk
Providers and Recipients may call IHSS Service Desk at 866-376-7066 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. for the following:
- Information about Electronic Visit Verification
- Registering or using the Electronic Services Portal or TTS
- Enrolling for direct deposit
- Assistance with forgotten ESP usernames
- Entering/resetting a TTS passcode
- Assisting users with resetting their ESP passcode
- Updating an email address
- Updating communication preference (email or phone)
To further improve and strengthen its program, the IHSS Public Authority meets regularly with the IHSS Advisory Committee. As a committee member you will collaborate with the County of Ventura Human Services Agency (HSA) regarding administration of the IHSS Program and provide first-hand experience and expertise in helping to reinforce the effectiveness of the IHSS Program and the Public Authority. If you are interested in learning more about the IHSS Advisory Committee please call 805-654-5521.
Forms & Documents
- Designation of Provider SOC426A – English
- Designation of Provider SOC426A – español
- Provider Change of Address SOC840 – English
- Provider Change of Address SOC840 – español
- Brochure – Public Authority
- Foletto – Autoridad Pública
- Provider Paid Sick Leave Request SOC 2302 – English
- Provider Paid Sick Leave Request SOC 2302 – español
- Provider Direct Deposit Enrollment/Change/Cancellation SOC 829-English
- Provider Direct Deposit Enrollment/Change/Cancellation SOC 829-español
- Advance Pay FAQs