Child/Adult Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 805-654-3200
The CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids) program can provide cash assistance to families with children. Certain adults in the program are required to participate in welfare-to-work activities, such as looking for a job, attending job training, working, or furthering their education, which will improve their chances for long-term employment and self-sufficiency.
CalWORKs employment specialists help parents develop and achieve their career goals, and assist with referrals to Child Development Resources (child care) so that parents can work.
Important Update: Ventura County has moved from MyBenefitsCalwin to a new system called BenefitsCal.com. Clients no longer have access to MyBenefitsCalwin or its mobile app.
ALL Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWORKs and General Relief clients who wish to maintain access to check status or renew their benefits online, report changes, and upload documents:
- Go to BenefitsCal.com and select “log In.”
- Create a new account: You’ll need an email address.
- Link your account to your case.
Need help linking your account to your case? Check out this video: BenefitsCal: How to link a case
What is CalWORKs?
- If you are currently receiving CalWORKs, you must report all changes to your worker at 888-472-4463.
- If you are not currently receiving CalWORKs learn how to apply.
- Learn more about CalWorks by visiting our CalWorks Data Page.