Child/Adult Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 805-654-3200
Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants
Our staff is available to serve you online, by phone, email, fax, drop-off/mail-in services, and in person.
If you prefer to schedule an appointment to meet with a worker, please call 888-472-4463.
The Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) is a State program designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people who have little or no income. It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.
Learn more about CAPI by visiting our CAPI Data Page.
Eligible persons must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be age 65 or older, blind, or disabled
- Be a legal immigrant to the U.S.
- Be a California resident
- Not be a citizen of the U.S.
- Not be receiving Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Payment
There are several ways to apply for Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- Download an application (PDF) in English or Spanish
- Drop it off at a Community Service Center, or
- Fax it 805-658-4530, or
Mail the completed form to:
County of Ventura
Human Services Agency L#5290
855 Partridge Drive
Ventura, CA 93003-9565
- Apply by phone 888-472-4463, TTY 800-735-2922 or 711 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Benefits of CAPI:
- Monthly cash payments (not a loan) to eligible persons
- Direct deposit of money to a bank account
- CAPI payments are exempt in the Medi-Cal program
- CAPI payments are unearned income for CalFresh (Food Stamps) eligibility
- No office visit is required; processing is done by phone, fax, or U.S. mail