Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants
All sites are temporarily closed to the public, due to the COVID-19 health emergency.
However, we can still serve you online and by phone.
The Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) is a State program designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people who have little or no income. It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.
Eligible persons must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be age 65 or older, blind, or disabled
- Be a legal immigrant to the U.S.
- Be a California resident
- Not be a citizen of the U.S.
- Not be receiving Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Payment
There are several ways to apply for Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- Download an application (PDF) in English or Spanish
- Drop it off at a Community Service Center, or
- Fax it 805-658-4530, or
Mail the completed form to:
County of Ventura
Human Services Agency L#5290
855 Partridge Drive
Ventura, CA 93003-9565
- Apply by phone 888-472-4463, TTY 800-735-2922 or 711 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Benefits of CAPI:
- Monthly cash payments (not a loan) to eligible persons
- Direct deposit of money to a bank account
- CAPI payments are exempt in the Medi-Cal program
- CAPI payments are unearned income for CalFresh (Food Stamps) eligibility
- No office visit is required; processing is done by phone, fax, or U.S. mail
For more information, please call