All businesses, professions, trades, vocations, enterprises, establishments, occupations and callings being conducted in the UNINCORPORATED areas of the county must obtain a Business Tax Certificate. This includes temporary businesses (e.g., film productions). Even businesses located within any city limits that deliver, solicit, or operate in the unincorporated areas of the county must have this certificate. For more information call the Business Tax Bureau at (805) 654-3727.
County Business Tax Certificate
Regulatory Business License
The Treasurer-Tax Collector and the County Sheriff’s Office accept Regulatory Business Licenses for locations in the unincorporated area of the county ONLY. Trades which require a regulatory license include temporary show or concert, dance hall, hawker, pool table, pawn broker, junk collector or dealer, massage parlor, massage technician, rubbish collector, second-hand dealer, solicitor, taxi cab operator, itinerant merchant, bingo, etc. Applications made to the Treasurer-Tax Collector must be accompanied by an approval letter by the Ventura County Sheriff. Please call the Sheriff’s Office at (805) 654-2371 to inquire about regulations and if they apply to your business type.
Check Your Location (GIS MAPS)
- Business Tax Certificate Ordinance
- Regulatory License Ordinance:
- Government Code 4467 – State Fee
- Assembly Bill 1379 – State Fee
- City contacts: If you are within city limits, please see the list below for contact information:
- City of Camarillo (805) 388-5330
- City of Fillmore (805) 524-3701
- City of Moorpark (805) 517-6200
- City of Ojai (805) 646-5581
- City of Oxnard (805) 385-7817
- City of Port Hueneme (805) 986-6524
- City of Santa Paula (805) 933-4214
- City of Simi Valley (805) 850-1521
- City of Thousand Oaks (805) 449-2200
- City of Ventura (805) 658-4715
NOTE: As a convenience to our visitors, this page may contain links to external websites that are not managed or controlled by the County of Ventura.