Business License

County Business Tax Certificate

All businesses, professions, trades, vocations, enterprises, establishments, occupations and callings being conducted in the UNINCORPORATED areas of the county must obtain a Business Tax Certificate. This includes temporary businesses (e.g., film productions). Even businesses located within any city limits that deliver, solicit, or operate in the unincorporated areas of the county must have this certificate. For more information call the Business Tax Bureau at (805) 654-3727.

Regulatory Business License

The County Sheriff’s Office accepts applications for business licenses ONLY from businesses located in the unincorporated areas of Ventura County which are regulated by the Sheriff, such as: Temporary show or concert, dance hall, hawker, pool table, pawn broker, junk collector or dealer, massage parlor, rubbish collector, second-hand dealer, solicitor, taxi cab operator, itinerant merchant, bingo, etc. If your business address is located in the unincorporated area, or you conduct business in the unincorporated area, please contact the Sheriff’s Office to see if you are required to hold a County Regulatory License at (805) 654-2371.


NOTE: As a convenience to our visitors, this page may contain links to external websites that are not managed or controlled by the County of Ventura.