Reduce Your Balance
Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP)
COAP is a California program designed to help your reduce the child support debt owed to the government. If you qualify, you will be offered an opportunity to pay an amount that is less that the full amount you owe.
You may qualify for COAP if:
- You owe the government at least $501.00 in the past-due child support
- You cannot pay all the child support and interest you owe within the next three years with a compromise
- You have not been convicted or found in contempt for failure to pay child support in the last six months
- You have not had a COAP agreement denied in the last year
- You have not had a COAP agreement rescinded in the last two years
You may walk in to our office or call 866-901-3212 to request your case to be reviewed for COAP eligibility. If eligible, you will receive a COAP application.
NOTE: As a convenience to our visitors, this page may contain links to external websites that are not managed or controlled by the County of Ventura.