Deputy Chief Information Officer - Technical Services
The Technical Services Division offers services in infrastructure support that includes Desktop Support, Data Center operations, servers, including a high-performance VM farm, Oracle and SQL database design and support, enterprise-level backup services that include long-term cloud backup storage, and a 24/7 Service Desk for maintaining support for agencies and departments around the clock.
Ken Sewell began his career with the County in 1989 as a student worker with the Ventura County Department of Child Support Services. He has over 20 years of Information Technology experience, previously serving as the Deputy Director of Operations and IT at VCDCSS. In April 2019, he joined Ventura County IT Services as the Deputy Chief Information Officer for the Technical Services division.
Technical Services provides the following services:
- Service Desk
- Enterprise E-mail and Office Productivity tools (Office 365)
- Desktop Support
- File Sharing and Print services
- Virtual Server (VMware) hosting and support
- Database hosting and support
- Directory Services and Identity Management
- Enterprise storage, backup, and restores