Child/Adult Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 805-654-3200
There are limited funds available through the Independent Living Program (ILP) Individual/Extracurricular and Children’s Services Funding for foster youth to assist with transportation needs such as driving permits, driver’s training, or bus passes. Requests for funds should be made directly to the Community Services Coordinator at 805-385-9136.
Emancipated youth should contact the Community Services Coordinator at 805-385-9136 for information and referrals to transportation resources.
- Camarillo Transit & Dial-A-Ride – 805-988-4228
- Gold Coast Transit (GCT) – 805-487-4222 or 805-643-3158
- Moorpark Transit System – 805-529-6864 x257
- Simi Valley Transit System – 805-583-6456
- Thousand Oaks Transit – 805-375-5473 or 805-375-5467
- VISTA – regular bus routes and two general public dial-a-ride services. For more information call 800-438-1112
- Bus Passes – If you need to purchase a bus pass, call 800-438-1112
- Many Motors – 805-485-6288
- Many Motors is an automobile donation program whereby donated vehicles are repaired and given a new life. Vehicles are then provided to families with lower income, striving toward self-sufficiency.
Getting a Driver’s License
In order to obtain your driving permit, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires the following:
1. Completion of Driver’s Education Classes (available online)
2. Proof of enrollment in a Driver’s Training School
3. Original Birth Certificate (available from the County Recorder’s office in the county of birth)
4. Application fee: $41.00
Check out the DMV website for more information.
NOTE: As a convenience to our visitors, this page may contain links to external websites that are not managed or controlled by the County of Ventura.