Homelessness Prevention Assistance
Homelessness Prevention & Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP)
The Ventura County Homeless Prevention & Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) and the Federal Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG) make funds available to local residents who are currently homeless or facing homelessness from rental housing within 21 days. Assistance may include: rental deposits; short-term rental payments; credit counseling; utility deposits; utility payments; and/or moving and storage costs. Case managers work closely with clients to develop and implement a service plan to ensure they access other public benefits. Through HPRP and ESG, clients are stabilized in housing and assisted comprehensively to help ensure they do not face homelessness again.
Five (5) Basic Eligibility Criteria
(additional criteria may apply)
- Homeless or facing homelessness from rental housing in 21 days
- Household income limits are determined by family size (example: income limit for family of 3 is $45,000; see below for income chart)
- No other housing options or financial resources that would allow you to find or keep housing
- Ventura County resident and U.S. citizen or qualified resident alien
- Financial ability to maintain housing after this rental assistance is received
Seven (7) Basic Required Forms of Documentation
(additional requirements may apply)
- Certification of Homelessness document (will receive and complete with their HPRP case manager)
- Copy of bank statement and listing of monthly budget
- Proof of income/benefits and completed budget worksheet
- Document stating current address (utility bill, etc.)
- Photo ID (for all adults in household)
- Social Security Card (for all household members)
- Assessment with a social worker and participation in a six-month service plan
These figures are current as of April 14, 2017
How to Apply
- Screen yourself to determine whether you meet basic eligibility requirements.
- Start the application process by calling (805) 385-8585 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays, to speak with a program representative. After-hours callers will receive an automated message in English and Spanish.
- You will receive a screening phone call describing the program benefits and requirements. If you appear likely to be eligible, a face to face interview with a social worker will be scheduled to begin the application process.
Please note that all applicants may not qualify. All funds approved are sent by check directly to the vendor.
- HPRP Frequently Asked Questions
- HSA Assistance Programs Booklet – English
- Folleto de Programas de Asistencia – Español
- Ending Homelessness flyer – Acabando con la Falta de Vivienda
- Rental Help is Available flyer – Ayuda de Alquiler está Disponible
- Homeless Services & RAIN Transitional Living Center
- Year-Round Shelters in Ventura County
- Keep Your Home California
- Conserva Tu Casa California