HSA Logo Header

Child/Adult Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 805-654-3200

General Relief

The Human Services Agency General Relief program provides temporary assistance to eligible adults ages 18 to 64, with no dependent children. When no other source of assistance is available, General Relief can help with the most basic living needs, including rent, utilities, and incidentals.

Eligible adults may receive direct payments to their landlord and/or utility companies, up to a maximum of $310 per month, for a household of one. General Relief payments are considered a loan and must be repaid to the County.


Learn more about General Relief by visiting our General Relief Data Page.

Important Update: Ventura County has moved from MyBenefitsCalwin to a new system called BenefitsCal.com. Customers no longer have access to MyBenefitsCalwin or its mobile app.

ALL Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWORKs and General Relief clients who wish to maintain access to check status or renew their benefits online, report changes, and upload documents:

  1. Go to BenefitsCal.com and select “log In.”
  2. Create a new account: You’ll need an email address.
  3. Link your account to your case.

Translate Disclaimer

The Ventura.org website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the Ventura.org website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.