Fall Prevention and Wellness Resources
Free Online Course Thursday, July 16, 10-11:30 a.m., hosted by Santa Clara County Fire Department.
Learn how to identify fall risks and simple and effective home modifications to prevent falls. Learn six steps to prevent falls and what to do right after a fall happens.
Get connected with community resources to maintain safety and wellness.
Participants will learn:
Fall Prevention tips
- How to Prevent Falls.
- Exercises to Build Strength and Balance.
- What to do After a Fall.
- Lighting, Stairs, Showers, Carpets & Floors.
- Medic Alert Systems.
- I.F.E. File (Lifesaving Information for Emergencies).
- Medication Disposal.
- Centers for Disease Control STEADI information.
Community Programs & Services
- Fall Prevention Programs within Santa Clara County.
- Senior Centers.
Click here to register.