Services We Provide

The services provided by the Department of Child Support Services are:

  • Locate a non-custodial parent
  • Establish paternity
  • Establish and modify court orders for child and medical support
  • Collect child support
  • Other services as specified by state law


The Department of Child Support Services cannot provide the following:

  • Legal Assistance
  • Restraining orders
  • Divorce matters
  • Custody and/or visitation matters
  • Establishment of spousal support orders
  • Collecting spousal support except when also collecting child support


Please see our Community Resources page for agencies and organizations that can provide many of these services.

How Are Child Support Services Obtained?

Services are available to you if you are a parent or legal guardian who would like assistance with a child support order.

If you are not receiving public assistance, you can obtain services by completing an application.

Either parent may request our services, regardless of custody. It is not necessary to be legally separated or divorced from your spouse to be eligible for services. If you have an existing child support order, please provide copies of the court order with your application.

For more information about how to apply for services see the Opening A New Case page.

If the custodial party is receiving public assistance for the child(ren), the caseworker at the Human Services Agency (HSA) will automatically refer the case to our office. The custodial parent must cooperate with the Department of Child Support Services to continue receiving aid from HSA. Cooperation will be required unless the Human Services Agency finds there is good cause to not cooperate. Good cause means that by opening a child support case against the other parent, there is a potential for harm against the custodial party and/or children by the other parent. To claim good cause, the custodial party must contact his/her caseworker at the Human Services Agency.

NOTE: As a convenience to our visitors, this page may contain links to external websites that are not managed or controlled by the County of Ventura.