Accomplishments of the Last Four Years
- Organized “Unity in the Community” an event of compassion and respect for others, in response to local acts of hatred and bigotry.
- Reinstated the County’s Ethics Commission to further transparency and openness in government.
- Made transportation safer and easier by ending gridlock at the 118/Somis Road intersection, adding a signalized crosswalk for school children in Newbury Park, and starting a free popular bus service in Oak Park.
- Secured two million dollars from a landfill operator for purchase of parkland.
- Expanded access to quality health care, opening a new 250-bed hospital wing, a mental health rehabilitation center, and a children’s crisis center.