On May 19th we cut the ribbon on the Dr. Richard Grossman Labyrinth at the Growing Works Demonstration Gardens. Joining us were a dozen employees who receive job training and horticultural therapy at Growing Works nursery. The thoughtfulness, generosity, and support from the community has helped many Growing Works employees on their path to recovery.
- CEO will analyze a potential $1.5 million start-up contribution to expand Westminster Free Clinic to west county.
- Ventura County Library’s Book Mobile hits the road.
- Task Force on Mental Health & Safety created.
- Endorsement of Community Choice Aggregation programs.
- Volunteer in Policing services approved for Oak Park community.
- County staff ordered to seek safer alternatives to glyphosate use.
- Moratorium on new steam injection well drilling.
- County Counsel to investigate and report back legal options; including participating with City of Los Angeles, for enforcing clean-up to background levels at the Santa Susana Field Laboratory (SSFL), 4/9/19.
- Ordinance to combat cockfighting in Ventura County.
- Growing Works horticultural therapy and jobs program to benefit people with mental illness at nonprofit drought tolerant plant nursery.
Ventura County Public Works Agency has demonstrated that hawks and owls are more effective than poisons for controlling rodent damage to critical levee facilities which protect life and property from flood damage. Boy Scouts Troop 820 helped install handcrafted owl boxes at Conejo Mountain Basin in Newbury Park.
2018 Thousand Oaks Senior of the Year – Nancy Healey
Ventura County’s 2017 Senior Summit – Don’t be a Dinosaur in a Tech Savvy World at CSUCI brought together close to 300 senior citizens who enjoyed learning about technology for independent living, social media, artificial intelligence, hospital automation, home automation, health portals, and health gadgets.
Passport Services at the Thousand Oaks Library!
Get a Passport Close to Home
You can make an appointment with the Thousand Oaks Library for its passport services conveniently located at the circulation desk inside the Children’s Library entrance. Designated passport staff will process applications for new passports by appointment and submit materials to the State Department. This is going to be the only passport service between Malibu and Oxnard, and we’re excited to be filling a local need and bringing folks to our amazing Library.
Just visit www.tolibrary.org/passport for all the information.
- Articles by Supervisor Linda Parks
- Subscribe to Board of Supervisors Agenda Notifications
- Fire History-District 2
- More information about the County’s Graffiti Abatement Program
- Multi-Year Pavement Plan (2018-2022)
- Application for Appointment to County Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Symposium on Alternatives to Anticoagulant Rodenticides
- Senior Summit 2017