License Suspensions

What License Can be Suspended?

Any state issued license can be suspended (e.g. real estate license, contractor license, State Bar membership, etc.).


Why Was I Submitted? 

Individuals are automatically submitted for suspension for the following reasons:

  • Failure to pay the entire monthly obligation in a timely manner
  • Failure to pay past-due child support on a monthly basis

You may be submitted even if you are paying by wage assignment. Make sure your employer is deducting your entire child support obligation and sending it on time. To view payment and balance information, please visit the Customer Connect Website.


How Am I Notified? 

Prior to your license being suspended, you will receive a notice in the mail from the licensing agency to inform you of the pending suspension.


How Do I Resolve This?

Contact the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) as soon as you receive a notice of suspension. To have your license released, you will be requested to make a payment to bring your account into compliance with your court order.


What Happens Next? 

After making payment arrangements and submitting a payment. DCSS will send you a license release confirmation. This information is also sent to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento.

The DMV will process this paperwork within three weeks. You will be required to pay an administrative fee to the DMV.


How Can I Avoid This?

Make the full payment in a timely manner every month to avoid suspension or revocation. If there is a wage garnishment in place, verify that your employer  is deducting and sending the correct amount. To view payment and balance information, please visit the Customer Connect Website.


What Else Should I know? 

Keep your contact information current with the DMV and DCSS. Each agency needs your address to notify you of the status of your license.

If you have more than one child support case, the monthly obligation in all cases must be met.


NOTE: As a convenience to our visitors, this page may contain links to external websites that are not managed or controlled by the County of Ventura.