Submit Your Photo
The County of Ventura welcomes submissions of striking digital images that capture the unique qualities of Ventura County's natural resources (ex. landscapes, nature images, buildings, historical landmarks). To have your photos considered, simply follow the instructions below:
- Please use the largest possible resolution settings on your camera.
- All photos must be in digital format and sent as a .jpg file.
- Photos must be originals.
- Photos can be in color or black & white.
Do Not Do this with your photo:
- Borders or frames on the photo.
- Watermarks, signatures, photographers’ names, or copyright notices.
- Using multiple images in a single photo entry (collage).
- A Photo Submission must be an original photograph (digital) taken by the submitter.
- Photo Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to the County of Ventura, or to groups, individuals or institutions.
- Photo Submissions must be original photos created by the submitter and must not
contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright or otherwise
subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights
(except as expressly permitted below). Submissions must adhere both in appearance
and in fact to the norms of civil discourse. In other words, the content of all
Photo Submissions must be suitable for a global, public audience. The County of
Ventura reserves the right to reject, at their sole and absolute discretion, any
submission that does not adhere to these criteria, to the intent, or to the substance
of these requirements.